What is a Master Notebook?
A Master Notebook is:
- A filing system for class materials
- A reference for math concepts and strategies learned in class
- A strategy to help you understand and retain math concepts and skills
- A helpful tool for recording assignments and upcoming tests
How will the Master Notebook help me?
- It requires that you actively manage your course materials, which will help you become more aware of what helps you learn.
- It allows you to store handouts and notes you can reference at a later time.
- It provides a place where you can note strategies you find useful for solving problems.
What does a Master Notebook include?
- A three ring binder
- Tabbed dividers with a label for each divider
- Notebook paper
- Course Syllabus
- Assignment notebook
How do I use the Master Notebook?
- Write down assignments and dates of exams or projects
- Take two-column notes in class
- Review notes after class and highlight important information
- Draw visuals or graphics to help you remember concepts and strategies
- Store handouts for reference
- Keep a list of helpful strategies
- Use notes, old assignments, and tests to study for exams